Friday, February 19, 2010

temperance is a blessing

We rolled in this morning at 3 a.m. after a night out with P-Funk. Sort of a nostalgia trip, seeing all the Yale buildings roll out over the abject poverty of the rest of the city. It doesn't help that it's been 10 years since I actually went to Yale, this compounded by the fact the I "celebrated" my 33rd year of existence yesterday.
I tell you what, feels like 43 or 93 due to lack of sleep. I don't regret cutting myself off after two drinks, otherwise I'd be heaving out the weight program of the century. Either way, you can't see P-Funk without dancing your feet raw and wanting to dry hump every body in the room. Just happens.
Of course, I still have my heavy make-up on from last night. Anna's first question after she dumped a container filled with cupcakes into my lap was "What the hell happened to you?"
"I got into a fight." I wanted to see if she would take the bait.
"Huh. Doesn't look like you won. Next time you shouldn't wear heels, I guess."

And that was that, followed by a few comments about my scrawny arms and how clumsy I am. Faith does have rational limits when one is 9. She may, in fact, be the most rational person in the house, which is a scary thought to say the least.

"Free your mind, and your ass will follow."

No comments:

Post a Comment